NEW 2014 Ford Explorer XLT Leaking water

Asked by Oct 08, 2013 at 06:13 AM about the 2014 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

40 Miles on Car. It just rained and I opened the door and water poured out. Proceeded to
open all four doors and all doors had water coming out. Opened the back lift....same
thing. HELP! Taking to dealer but fear I have a lemon

210,035

So the whole cabin was filled with water? Oh my. Yes, take it back to the dealer ASAP. get it dried out as quickly as possible.

1,480

i'm assuming you meant water poured out from inside the door. sounds like a design flaw that is allowing the weatherstrip to seal off the drain holes in the doors when they are closed.

Yes, thank you for answering. I did mean it poured out from inside the door. Very upsetting.

15,350

Forty Miles? Could not have had the car for more than a couple of days. Check the state laws. Some laws allow you to bring a vehicle back within a certain amount of time. Ask for another vehicle.

30

Have a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT for less than a month. Washed it for the first time to find the carpet on the driver side floor front and rear was soaked. Brought it back to the dealer and they found where the water was coming in. Was told by the service department that the leak was from a seam that was not sealed properly along the fire wall by the parking brake. Was told that the carpets were dry and to come take a look. When I went to check it out I found the carpets were still saturated and the dash board was disassembled and the driver seat was removed. After they had my vehicle for over 30 days I was told to come pick it up. Paid a lot of money for a new car to avoid buying a used flood car and I got stuck with one that leaks. Not happy at all. Ford refuses to buy back the vehicle. Was told that they would only honor the warranty. The headache of possible future complications due to water damage is all mine. We all know water travels to places we cannot see. Electrical components get wet and after a while things start to malfunction. Guess what Ford does not care about that. Only 600 miles on it and they tell me I'm stuck with it. They did replace the carpets and told me that they sealed the seam. The dealer was kind enough to provide me with a loaner car for the 32 days they had my car. Am I wasting my time fighting this in court? Anyone interested in buying a new car that had a leak? I wouldn't buy one. Especially for the price I paid for it.

30

It is "Good" to know that at least I'm not the only one. I have a 2013 XLT Explorer with less than 3000 miles, and I recently found that carpets on driver side front and rear were soaked. I think it didn't happen before because I used to cover the car and I didn't use it frequently, but if it were raining it could be on the way from the dealer to home. Still don't know how this will end, I will take it to the dealer over the next 2 weeks and for sure will ask to review the parking brakes sealings.

50

I have a 2014 explorer and am having the same problem. ..rugs front and back are soaked. They keep sealing it and it keeps happening again. I'm contacting an attorney

90

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer and have noticed lately my rear trunk area is wet after washing the vehicle or rain. I always keep a sheet or a blanket back there and its damp. I noticed visable water droplets inside my vehicle after a heavy yesterday. Whats with the seals on a relatively new vehicle? I'm over on miles and am sure the dealer does not want to address. Anyone contact Ford Corporate?

20

I bought my 2013 Ford explorer sport last year and recently noticed my carpets in the front driver and passenger sides were wet and smelled like midew. Just the other day while driving water streamed in on my leg while driving from the over head light. Took it to the Ford garage it's still under warranty they had it for 2 weeks says they didn't find any leaks, refused to replace carpets but cleaned them and" dried the carpets out". Picked the car up today checked the carpets before leaving dealer they were dry. Drove it home about 45 minutes away pulled in the driveway only to find the carpets soaked. Ford still says they don't have a water leak with this model but I think differently.

60

I have a 2013 base ford explorer and i noticed my rear trunk area wet. There is a leak coming from some where around the seat belt area because the rear seat belt is also a little wet and i see drops by it which lands in the right side of the trunk area. I looked on you tube and saw where this guy had a leak in the same area and replaced the black rubber socket plug located on the top area of the lift gate area. Hopefully this will work for me. The dealer had to order one so i will know the outcome in a couple of days.

34,345

If your car is getting moldy I would be demanding that they buy the car back under warranty.

60

Well I dont think that was the problem...as I look more on youtube there are a lot of people with these new ford explorers 2011-2015 having this same lift gate/ 3rd row seat belt water leak. I just called corporate and told them the problem and requested how to reach the regional or district manager because my suv have about 40,000 miles on it. He want me to first go and pay to get a diagnosis then go from there. I think there should be a recall and free diagnosis testing on these water leaks.

20

WOW, I ask google about "water in the floor board of a 2013 ford explorer and I see so many others with the same problem. It's a RECALL, I don't want to hear anything about my warranty has ran out or If I do, I'm getting an attorney. I'm not paying one red cent...#VERY UPSET

40

Get rid of your car now! Mine is leaking again after being fixed in February 2013! See youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=fyD-IWibxSU. Once again water is dripping down the third row seatbelt on the driver side. Also there was water in the compartment on the passenger side in the cargo area.

10

Have my 2012 explorer in for the 3rd time for this leak. Was told the warranty is expired so it will cost me $$$$$. Total bs.

30

Has anyone come up with where the water is leaking in from when it drips down the 3rd row seat belts? I have the same problem on a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited

20

Recently found over a gallon of water between the driver seat floor and rear drivers side rear. Noticed a mildewy smell a day or 2 after my car wash and when I pulled up the rubber floor mats found they were soaked. Used my wet vac to remove as much as I could and set an appointment with were I leased the vehicle from. See what happens from here, located outside Boston, Ma. From the looks of these posts, it's been an ongoing issue with previous Explorers but new to me, this is my 3rd consecutive Explorer, first Sport, and first major issue.