1993 geo tracker no start

Asked by Feb 02, 2013 at 04:17 PM about the 1993 Geo Tracker 2 Dr LSi 4WD Convertible

Was driving truck pulled up to red light and it quit.tried to fire back up would not start,towed home,checked fuel pump heard it kick on,check coil wire to distributor and found had no spark,took off coil and ignition control module and had checked both checked out bad, replaced coil and control module,still no spark while cranking, but as soon as you let go of key from cranking you will get one spark , checked voltage to both and had 12.6 v.it will crank over but no start,im lost cant figure it out,what to do!

90,025

It could be that the contacts in the ignition switch are not sending power to the coil when in the start position. Can you jumper temporary power to the coil and try to start it?