Transmission trouble

Asked by Mar 02, 2016 at 01:38 PM about the 1993 Geo Metro 2 Dr LSi Hatchback

I replaced the clutch release bearing and
the tranny and it locked up on me again.
Why would it be doing that?

Nicole, What makes you think you had a bad throw out bearing? Was it making noise? Did you feel a pulsation or a rough shuttering feeling when you depressed the clutch pedal? Let's start here first.

Yes like a rattling and kind of a grinding when releasing the clutch but as soon as I pushed the clutch in it would stop. The car wouldn't shift into 5th gear so I replaced both when the tranny locked up

Okay, The throw out bearing was dry/worn out causing the noise. Did this same problem re-occur after the trans was replaced? Are you sure the trans, and clutch assembly/bearing was replaced? Because it sounds like someone attempted to fix without replacing.

We bought the tranny and the bearing and replaced them ourselves. First the tranny because it locked up the first time then the noise was still there so then pulled the tranny and replaced the bearing. Sounded good but then as soon as it hit the freeway it Locked up again so now that is where it sits till I can get it towed.

Nicole, Did you replace the clutch assembly? Pressure plate and clutch disc. Sounds like you have a broken finger/weak springs on the pressure plate... Tim