1994 Geo Tracker won't start. What do i do?

Asked by Jan 22, 2011 at 07:36 PM about the 1994 Geo Tracker 2 Dr LSi 4WD SUV

The other day i went out to start my tracker so it could warm up before driving to work.  I started the tracker and started up and then died.  I started it again and started right up and ran just fine.  I came back out to leave only to find that the car was not on. I found this to be very odd as i've never had any problems with my vehicle before.  I turned the key back to off and then tried to start it again.  this time nothing! No clicking, no cranking, no warning lights when you turn key to accessory.  I checked and i have power to all my lights and the horn works.  I tested the battery with a multi meter and found that i have 12.6 volts.  I checked all my fuses under the driver's side dash and they're all good.  I'm really not sure what to do from here.  Please help  

45

I'm not an expert, but it may be your timing belt. I know my 96 dies sometimes when I roll to a stop. I know that trackers for some reason have had problems with timing belts. My aunt had one and had the exact same problem.

10

Not your timing belt. Bad Distributer rotor bad cap, blocked exhaust, bad control module, bad wires, blocked fuel filter, bad fuel pump, You have to test and replace till you find what it is.