distributor timing

Asked by Jul 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM about the 1994 Geo Tracker 2 Dr LSi 4WD Convertible

well i blew the timing belt, bent some valves, so i tore down the top end and sent it out to be machined. when i got it back i started to put it together and thats when i noticed the housing for the distributor was cracked, got a new one on ebay, but now im stuck trying to get the timing correct on the distributor, the crankshaft and camshaft timing is correct, any help would be awesome, its a 94 lsi 1.6l 8vavle.

130

here is a great place to start http://www.kick-fix.com/ has all info on geo and side kicks mike

75

there should be markers, like small triangles pointing everything out...

130

There is marks crank and cam but timing is off of #4 tdc not #1 it's a suzuki thing. distributor is lined up to # 4 with the marks timing cover off looking at belt with pulley on lines up to #1.