I have a 95 tracker 1.6 L 16 valve. I started getting raw fuel out the tailpipe so I changed the fuel pressure regulator and no change so after checking with several sources I bought a new set of injectors and it fixed the problem and it ran great.......until the other day and it started losing power and had fuel out the tailpipe again. I pulled all the plugs and did a compression test and all cyl are 120+ and I noticed number one cylinder is spitting fuel out the sparkplug hole constantly. Ideas??

40

Asked by Mar 24, 2014 at 04:06 PM about the 1995 Geo Tracker 2 Dr LSi 4WD Convertible

11,115

Sounds like your number one cylinder spark is not igniting the fuel. Unburned fuel is just spitting out of the exhaust. I assume the spark plug is soaked when you pull it out to check it? I don't think your issue is with fuel delivery, it sounds like an ignition problem.

11,115

Are you getting any misfire codes?

40

I pulled the fuel rail and hooked it up with the injectors out of the head and I have two injectors spraying nonstop when the key is on. When you crank the engine they keep spraying while the other two pulse. Ordering another set of new injectors tomorrow.