power windows dont work were is fuse or is it a relay

Asked by Mar 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM about the 2003 Ford Taurus SE

135,795

If none of the windows work, I would check out the fuses.

1,305

Under dash by drivers door or under the hood right behind the battery

Upper right~hand corner...click image

legend

610

I went to the ford dealership and asked this question. they looked up on the computer common causes for windows not working. The answer was broken wires between the door and frame. sure enough i had a broken power wire in the bundle right in the middle. grab that bundle and hold your finger on the switch and move the bundle round to see if you can make them work. wish i had know this before i bought a new switch for the door.

2,510

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SE I checked all the fuses and none of them were blown but all 4 of my windows will not go down but I keep getting a clicking sound from under the dashboard. could it be a relay?

2,400

What and where is power windows relay?

2,400

Where is relay for 2000 Ford Taurus drivers side window?

190

I need to know where it is on the 1998 torus

780

MY LEFT FRONT WOULD NOT GO UP THE OTHER 3 WINDOWS I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH

620

The power windows on our 2002 Taurus sporadically will not work. We checked the wires in the wire bundle on the driver's side between the door and frame and the wires are fine. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

110

My 2003 Taurus windows would stop working sporadically when the car was cold in the morning. Once it warmed up inside the cabin the windows would come back to life. I read the reports of broken, or corroded wires in the door hinge, but mine looked all good. I then focused attention on the relay (above the brake pedal in a really hard place to get to. I pulled the relay out cycled it a few times and put it back in - I then found I had power to the 'light blue with black stripe' wire that is at the controller plug - the same one that reporteddly causes the problems through wear/corrosion in the door hinge. In any event, it seems that my problem was with the relay. I'll bung in a new relay and that should be the end of that!. Thanks for all the information on this web-site. It's thre most pwerful tool in my toolbox!! Cheers, Dave

200

Have a 2003 ford Taurus ses all four windows works early in the morning after a few minutes when car warm up it stop working also notice powder seat does the same thing. I check wiring, fuses and relay switch even put in a new relay didn't fix it. Don't know if anyone has this problem

350

where is the power window relay location spot for my 2000 ford tauas se?

160

I do not have an owner's manual to my 2013 Ford Taurus and I am trying to look at the fuses but don't know what the numbers are my front two windows will not go up or down and also my inside light would not turn off any suggestions

90

I have a 1990 ford tutus and need a graf of the fusues on it can you help me

100

Where can I find relay switch for my back windows to go down

60

None of the windows on my 2005 Taurus work. I replaced the whole door and have tried both sets of switches.The fuse blows when I connect the switches to the plugs in the door panel. I show power on the pink/blue wire on the blue plug at that point. The fuse only blows when I connect both plugs, in either order, with or without the window motor connected. It does so with all of the switches disconnected from the other 3 doors also. There appears to be a spark when I plug the fuse into the fuse box. It is visible and audible but does not, so far, blow the fuse. Any ideas?

150

Which fuse do I check for the power window

20

Power windows don't work where is the fuse or relay located