'94 vs. '95 Geo Tracker Soft Tops

Asked by Oct 25, 2009 at 03:00 PM about the 1995 Geo Tracker 2 Dr STD Convertible

Can anyone tell me what differences, if any, there are between a soft top that is being described for vehicles '88-'94 and one that is for 1995? Are the snaps, zippers, any attaching parts or size of a soft top so different that's described for '88-'94 that it couldn't work/fit with a 1995 Geo Tracker?
Thanks
Ed

45

as far as I know it wouldnt work. In 95 a lot of things changed on the tracker thats when they switched to the 16 valve engine and and correct me if I'm wrong but from looking around the top looks like it actually folds as apposed to just unsnapping like on the previous models. on mine the sunroof portion flips up but the only way to take the rest off is to remove the entire top. Im sure if you were motivated enough you could alter it to fit but unless your willing to tear up a new top and have an industrial sewing machine I would recommend buying one that is for your 95. I cant really tell without seeing it in person but I know that a lot of stuff from 95 wont work on my 92 if you live in kansas I could let you see my top and see what the difference is.