My 2014 Chevy cruise Lt wouldn't start this morning and a boost didn't work. It was very cold but my husband's car is the same as mine but 2years older and his started no problem. After about an hour and a half my car started but my engine light stayed on. The dealership said it was all from the cold and that short trips drained the battery a little. I live very close to my work. I have my doubts about this and would appreciate any comments on whether this is correct. Monique

Asked by Jan 03, 2014 at 04:42 PM about the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Sedan FWD

The paperwork said battery power very low.

Short trips will indeed drain the battery, especially when cold. So the dealership is correct. Did you replace the battery?

They didn't replace the battery. Should they have?

You might have to jump start the car again. Did they charge it up when it was in the garage? You might be fine. You do need to have a charged battery to start the car and short trips won't let the alternator charge the battery enough when it is low on voltage. You should take the car out on a long trip or down the highway at least once a week. Also helps the engine and exhaust. Cars need to fully warm up to operating temperature to run efficiently in the long run. Maybe you and your husband can swap cars once in a while?

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I wish the dealership had done the same. Great idea about switching vehicles. Thanks again and have a great evening. May you be happy.

well, I also have a 2014 Chevy cruze and on a very cold morning it did not start. I arranged a ride to work and it started when I retuned about 14 hours later but when I turned off, would not restart. Then the following day and all there after I have not had any problems?? I went to two dealers, they cannot find anything wrong with it. The check engine light came on but went out......I am confused and now have to plan on getting to my car earlier in the morning to avoid being late. confused and frustrated with new car problems....My purchase date was 11/22/14

I have recently experience similar problems. I had battery and alternator tested and seems fine. This morning it would start, about 3 hrs later turned right over. Quite annoying. You never know when its going to act up. Good luck!