What year windshields are the same for my 96 Tracker

30

Asked by Apr 16, 2013 at 03:42 PM about the 1996 Geo Tracker 2 Dr STD Convertible

I am in need of a windshield for my 96 Tracker Base 2 dr soft top.  Would like to find one from a wrecking yard but am not sure which years are interchangable.  Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

any auto salvager who sells windshields would know this in an instant...would have to call places for your answer....tell us where you are and we could let our fingers do the walkin' or probably you could do it easier~

30

I am in Southern California (Los Angeles County). Haven't had much luck getting that answer from the salvager as of now. The windshield currently on my car has some scratching in it that somewhat inhibits view. Thanks

OK I am not all that far, Kern County. Let me take a gander for one...

http://www.partshotlines.com/?phl=search_process&search_id=36126699 is a search for all parts,used, I plugged in the windshield for your car and none...closest Las Vegas. I Know, that's not gonna work. You are probably going to have to go with a new one, $110 installed. Let me know if you want the list, and I understand you don't want to say exactly where you are, just tell me North or South LA County, over the mountain Lancaster or LA basin San Fernando Valley

89,695

The 1989–1998 were the first generation. The windshields could be the same size.

89,695

Ebay auction for 89-98 windshield -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-90-91- 92-93-94-95-96-97-98-TRACKER-WINDSHIELD-GLASS- /190613680182? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996%7CMake %3AGeo%7CModel%3ATracker&hash=item2c6175f036&vxp=mtr

you guys make me laugh...help...you wanted help?.....help

30

WOO HOO! You guys are GREAT! I am in the San Gabriel Valley (about 25 miles east of LA)

shipping may be problematic, best if you could take a pal with a station wagon or truck to fetchez~

Covina West Covina Pomona (over Kellogg Hill) Rosemead, Temple City..OK I get ya let's see here...close eh? There are several...be right back

30

actually the answer that tenspeed provided was precisely what I was wondering. We do have quite a few wrecking yards with searchable databases in and around where I live. So I now know what years of the Trackers and Sidekicks that I can search to locate one perhaps a little easier. VERY VERY HELPFUL....... ALL OF YOU!

http://www.autoglassguru.com/ca/pomona....909.784.2801

We aim to please

glass guru....are you freakin' kiddin' me?

P-40's?...some kinda cargo plane...A12?

C ~130. The best turboprop ever made, can carry 4 Hummers and drop them on a dime

I noticed that too..Glassguru

30

Holy Moly...... Glassguru is expensive! That is my problem.... hence the idea of finding one (at least a better one than I have) in a wrecking yard. Hoping to save a little moolah! Times are tough these day ya know?

89,695

I always carry a glass rider in my car insurance. I've had a couple of them replaced in my driveway. Now that the windshield is part of the car structure and glued in place, I leave the replacement to the professionals.

cops givin' you crap? you could just run with it busted if not in your line of sight~

Don't I ever. Times is tough around my house, for durn sure. More that $110? If so .as if I have to even tell you, you can do better, I am happy that tenspeed provided what you are seeking

Same here TS. I have never had to use it, but I pay an obscene amount of money for insurance including glass, no deductible.

30

Actually we saved this little booger (our Tracker) from the wrecker... just had some minor front end damage and the engine needed a little TLC (crank seal was leaking) my husband is quite the backyard mechanic if I do say so myself! So we are just getting her roadworthy again (she will hold a salvage title)..... only 71k on the odometer. Need to get the brake and light and DMV inspection and we are good to go! So, no... the cops aren't hassling as we haven't driven on the streets yet. The guys at the wrecking yard probably hit the windshield wipers on a dirty, dry windshield and it damaged it.

30

I seem to have a thing for soft top vehicles..... also have a Jeep Rubicon (gas hog) and a Suzuki Samurai (desert toy).... The Tracker will become my daily driver. :)

30

Thanks again!

no one likes picking glass out of their face...good choice~