1987 el camino bogs out after 15 minutes running, what could be the issue(s)?

20

Asked by May 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM about the 1987 Chevrolet El Camino Base

45

What do you mean by Bog. Trying to accelerate after warm up? If this is the case the choke plate is not opening all the way. Or if it hesitates on acceleration the Accelerator pump in the carb is bad and the carb will need rebuilt.

20

It runs for 15 minutes then it cuts off. Let sit for 10 minutes then I can start it right up then after 15 minutes, its happens all over again

20

I have an electric fuel pump and it is directly hooked up to carb with nothing in between but fuel line, am I missing something???

110,005

Could be either the coil getting hot and going bad or maybe even the ignition module doing the same.

110,005

Did you use hard fuel line or a good bit of rubber hose? Seen once where some one used a good bit of rubber hose and it would swell some causing the fuel pressure to drop. But that does not really sound like what yours may be doing. Just a thought.

20

I have a new rubber fuel line but I will check out my coil and my ignition module, and I will post results, thanks