Why wont my truck start and run?

Asked by Jan 26, 2016 at 12:54 AM about the 1986 Ford Ranger STX Standard Cab SB

Ok,so I have this 1986 2.9L Ford Ranger,Fuel injected not
Carbureted. I replaced the Fuel Pump,Fuel Filter,Fuel
Pressure Regulator,Spark Plugs&A tttnd Wires,and got a
new battery. The timing slipped,but I re-did the timing.
Sher cranks but won't start. I have spark,I have fuel,I have
compression. When Iturn the key,all the lights dim as the
starter turns the engine. What is wrong and how can I fix
this? I've already lost one job from not being able to get
toad from because of this truck. Help!?!?........ thanks for
yalls time.

94,995

Have you checked for injector pulse? Might check the injection fuses.

115

lights dimming while cranking is not a concern do to the starter needing so many amps to turn the engine over, and as for not starting did you check the spark at the spark plugs? are you sure the injectors are supplying fuel to the cylinders? are you sure you got the timing set right? it sounds like a timing issue to me, or miswired spark plugs.

I haven't checked anything injector related because I know nothing about injection systems,but can't put it off I guess . Also I triple checked the timing,then engine is lined up vertical,and cylinder one is up while rotor is on spark plug one,and all the plugs are to the right plugs. It goes clockwise on mine, 1-4/2-5/3-6.

94,995

Injection diagram

115

if your firing order is right and your got it timed wich you could not do without spark, it could be air or fuel, have you checked the air filter? if not that then I would tend to think its your injectors that need replaced but I am no expert at injection I know just enough to get in over my head. but thats seems like the next logical step to me