My 1985 Ford ranger only clicks when i try to start it, what do i need to check?

Asked by Jun 07, 2015 at 08:58 AM about the 1985 Ford Ranger S Standard Cab SB

If it is a rapid clicking that is telling you low voltage, if it is one big click it is telling you a bad starter or a seized engine. This is assuming that your battery and all grounds are good.

Arg should have been battery cables, not just battery.

Ok I'll check my connections. Thanks

Ya do that and be on the hook for absurdly high or ridiculously long car payments, not to mention full coverage insurance. Then there's all this so called connectivity garbage, navigation, backup cameras, TPMS, etc, etc etc. Don't need it, never wanted it.

What don't tell me you haven't watched a black and white film in HD, especially the old Space Family Robinson when it was still B/W. As far as Swanson I now enjoy Hungary Man Dinners. But it is still true, too much garbage in today's vehicles, don't want it didn't need it, so I won't buy it at any price. When and where I want to drive is my business not some government cronies concern.