I have a 1988 f350 I want to fix the rusty cab do you have a trick

55

Asked by Feb 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM about the 1988 Ford F-350 STD Standard Cab LB

The cab is a little bit rusty and I want to repair it. I look everywhere online and the only video I found is how to repair the mountin kit and redneck pull each other truck :p. So please if you have the answer or if there nothing to do with it answer me please.

Thx

20,390

Where is the rust? Typical Ford truck cabs go bad in the cab corners and bottoms of the doors. It all depends how bad the rust is. A small amount is fixable but big holes are not without welding in steel patches.

There are no real tricks that I know of. If say the floorboard is rusted through, you have to cut out bad and weld in new material. Not so bad, maybe Bondo. I have 1976 Truck but where I live, even thought it gets very cold, salt is not used and I have been very fortunate, after 40 years very little rust, but the inner fender wells are galvanized. I don't know if Ford still did that in 1988

We meet again..typing at same time

55

There no hole under it but its start to have rust all around the cab but I weld it with support so its stand for now. And me to its cold to death ouside and all the salt don't help but, all the weeks I wash the truck under it to get rid of the salt. If you need picture of the cab I can take a couble tomorow at my garage

20,390

It's like we are intrigued by the same questions. LOL

20,390

They make replacement cab corners that you cut out the old and weld in the new ones. If your doors are bad its almost better to find good rust free used ones or aftermarket new.

55

I'll try to figure something out with your information thx alot very appreciate. Regards

20,390

Good luck. When you get it all done let us know how it looks and turned out.

55

Hey there, I repair the cab temporary. I weld some iron angle under the rocker panel and another plate in the back of the cab. I will eventually change the cab i'll try to find good one I change de box, sand blast the all truck, change the fender, doors and its ready to be paint. I will eventually change the spring and all the tie rod and it will be ready for the hard road. ;-)