Value of my truck

90

Asked by Feb 20, 2017 at 10:17 AM about the 1988 Ford F-150 S Standard Cab SB

I have a 1988 Ford f-150 it's 2wd, SWB,
single cab, fuel injection 302. And it only has
94,500 original miles on it. I just did a tune
up on it . It's not using a bit of oil. I was
wondering what the value is for my husband.

70,925

NADA says between about $2000 and $7200 depending on condition. HTH. -Jim

90

Thanks so much. It's in excellent condition for it to be 29 years old. So I think we got a good deal. When I took the spark plugs out they were so clean. Only thing I did was changed oil, rotary button, and the spark plugs. Runs oh so smooth.

10

How many miles are on your husband? Personally I put higher value on ones with lower mileage.

90

We just bought it a couple days ago from his mother's neighbor father. If that makes any sense. Did a tune up and drive it our house (only 5 houses down) and parked it.

110,775

I would value the truck at about 6,000.00 but that would be if the car is in great condition, photos would be nice..

90

As you can,see that trimming is coming off a little bit. We're taking it to a guy that's gonna repaint it.

90

That little piece of trimming is the ONLY thing wrong. Everything is original. Perfect interior, dash is perfect, wheels and tires are perfect. It was a 1 owner truck.

52,595

Polish those headlights and you can see better at night and the truck will look better too.

90

I got it tagged and insured before I drive it at night. Ain't nothing wrong with the lights thank you. All I asked was for the value not for someone to tell me to "polish" some headlights. It's a Ford sir I surprised it loks this good. I'm getting repainted and everything anyways. Rome wasn't built in a day. It was a weekend so therefore I can't drive it until I get to town. Thank you have a nice day

52,595

Perhaps showing your husband how to run the computer would be helpful.

90

Perhaps you should know my husband is a truck driver and I'm on my phone. Everyone and their mama knows how cellphones are so there's no need to be a dick about it . I was going to fix it but I didn't feel like typing everything over again. I'm not sure if you know it or not but these big rigs ain't the smoothest ride ever.

70,925

Congratulations on your new truck!! Looks real nice!! Hope you have a lot of good luck with it!! Buying from someone you know is best, if the situation presents itself. Note the giant "EFI" emblem. Fuel injection was a BIG deal in those days. People who had it wanted everyone else to know it!! -Jim

52,595

Drove a big rig for 15 years myself and have over 2,000,000 safe miles so I am familiar with all that stuff. Was initially giving you some constructive criticism as to how to very easily increase the value and make your truck look even better than it is. Some people can't take simple suggestions so take it or leave it. No sense in being an ass about it. Best of luck and tell hubby to drive safely.

90

It just seemed to me you were being rude . But my sincere apologies to you driver and always. Roads arent like theu used to be anymore

70,925

For the headlights you can get a kit from your local auto parts store to polish them up without any harsh chemicals. If you have a NAPA nearby ask for the house brand (BK line) kit. It's much easier to use and less expensive than the 3M kit they sell. You only need some water and a power drill.I used it on my 2000 Grand Prix and the lenses came out real nice. HTH. -Jim

90

Thanks Mr.Jim! Yeah its electronic fuel injection. It's a really good truck and I dont particularly care for fords but its a way to go. My Chevy jumped time yesterday so im glad I got this before It happened. I'll Check it out at O'Reillys! I'll let my husband know

52,595

Rude, not me. LOL, I do stir thing up around here sometimes... The bad part about the internet and forums is the text we type is expressionless so it is hard to discern the feelings or emotion behind a post. Keep the shiny side up and stay away from the inspection garages at the chicken coops.

70,925

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

90

Right. DOT dont play anymore. You gotta watch these idiots in these four wheelers.