TURBO

15

Asked by Aug 13, 2008 at 08:50 PM about the 1993 Eagle Talon 2 Dr TSi Turbo Hatchback

93 TSI FWD 14 B I WANT A EVO3, TOLD THIS  IS A BOLT ON IS THIS TRUE, DONT NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING , O2 HOUSING, MANAFOLD ,LINES,ECU ETC LETME KNOW.

5

how much

65

It's a direct bolt on. Tho I suggest replacing the oil return line, and using stainless steel lines for the turbo feed. Otherwise, the o2 housing and the manifold can stay stock. But eventually you are gonna need a tuning system like DSMlink or something of that sort.

how much u want

15

thanks u have a talon tsi? i run 15psi with the 14b will the 16g make a big differts or shold i save the cash

65

I don't have a talon, but I have a 2nd gen Eclipse GST... And I have an Evo III Big 16g on it, it spools up a tad slower, but it's a higher out-put turbo. But it's based on what you want to do, 14b's make good street power, I'd say the E316G is a step up from that.

15

what did u pay for the big 16 g & where did u get it dont want to by one off e bay?

65

Ebay sucks. DO NOT buy from Ebay. Go to Slowboy Racing. I got mine for $599, but it's a True Evo III Big 16g Turbo.

45

Dont buy the ebay evo3. I was cheap and blew it up within 2 weeks. I agree with the oil lines and get the stainless lines. The 14b sucks compared to the evo 3. The only downside to the evo3 is that it spools kinda slow and the internal wastegate is too small, therefore likes to boost creep alot. ive had the evo 3 to creep up to 32 psi before. If your gonna get the turbo, id upgrade the fuel like the pump, injectors, fuel regulator, etc. no need to change any thing because it is a mitsu flange and everything.

15

14 b has been good to me at 15 psi 200,000 km still pulls hard no traction 1 st & second . whan dose the evo 3 spool at, when dose it hit full boost. y is the evo 3 so good what is the benafit of the evo 3 might juct buy a new 14 b . where did you get yours ?

45

the first evo3 i got was from ebay(cuz i was broke) and that was a waste. I then got a genuine evo3 from a link @ dsmtuners.com. I usually expect the evo3 to spool at around 3000 and after prob. 3400 its almost full boost. But i had a tubular header, tubular o2 with wastegate dump tube, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, 2.5 inch intercooler tubes,maf-t,etc. the benifit to the evo3 is more flow of course. I never had that thing under 25 psi though. Dont get me wrong, with a good tune, the 14b can be a great turbo... my knowledge isnt fresh since i have a gt35 turbo on my dsm now.now thats a turbo!haha to sum it up, its really up to you. to save money tho, id look into a rebuild kit for the 14b instead of a new one.

45

Those of you with the ebay 16g's, you can rebuild them with with a Mitsu rebuild kit to make them somewhat better... But I agree avoid the ebay 16g unless you are getting an insanely good deal. Depending on the boost you are wanting to run, a bigger fuel pump and some bigger injectors, fpr, and safc would be necessary for your tuning and fuel management... you can get evo 510's or 560's for a little more than $100, and you can get a stock supra TT or vr4 fuel pump for like $50, if you want to go the cheap way.

15

Thanks kerri ,you know of any good shops for parts and work thanks?

45

Ebay turbos are junk, don't waste your money. Save your pennies for an MHI EVO III. If you are really in the market and don't mind used ones you can look for one in the classified ads on the web site www.dsmtuners.com. I sell stuff there all the time but am a little hesitant on buying turbos used because you never know whats its been through. As for the MHI EVO III, it is a direct replacement for the 14B. It will bot right up using the existing coolant and oil lines.