2014 Chevy Spark wont start all the time

Asked by Aug 28, 2015 at 12:08 PM about the 2014 Chevrolet Spark LS

I have a 2014 Chevy spark with 11,000 miles on it.  I have trouble getting it to start sometimes so I took it back to the dealer and they say it starts up every time, its been there for a week.  Im picking it up today and im sure it will happen again, it just wont do it at the dealers, it happens sparatictly.  Any idea of what it could be? I bought a new car so I would have a dependable car, this is not dependable.  I work 6 days a week and need a dependable car with good gas mileage that's why I bought the spark.

I would check to make sure you have good voltage at the battery or any loose connections... http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Spark/2013/engine/.... https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2015-spark-owners-manual.pdf

Kelly Mayo

hard to fix something when it doesnt do it...so does it do that when its hot or cold or what?

When its cold my husband said it didn't start when he was leaving for work one morning and one evening coming home he jiggled with it and got it started but we need a dependable car and the dealership can't seem to figure it out because like I said it wont do it for them. My husband drives it 50+ miles a day to work and back it just started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Are u still having these problems mine does the same thing ! I can't figure it out either ?????? Super nervous about this car

Diane Lulloff

no not anymore we took It to the dealer and it never happened again and didn't happen there have no idea of why that happened.

Hint:Try BOTH keys. If the 3 volt button battery goes dead in the key/door opener, it will NOT let you start the car.

My car does it all the time. Finally got the dealer to see it. They replaced the battery and now it's worse. Taking it back in today. I love this car, otherwise. And I don't always trust the dealerships.

Have you gotten the no-start issue solved? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the battery and this did not fix it. When you get yours fixed please let me know what they did to fix it. Mine is out of warranty.