2014 Chevy Spark wont start all the time

Asked by Aug 28, 2015 at 12:08 PM about the 2014 Chevrolet Spark LS

I have a 2014 Chevy spark with 11,000 miles on it.  I have trouble getting it to start sometimes so I took it back to the dealer and they say it starts up every time, its been there for a week.  Im picking it up today and im sure it will happen again, it just wont do it at the dealers, it happens sparatictly.  Any idea of what it could be? I bought a new car so I would have a dependable car, this is not dependable.  I work 6 days a week and need a dependable car with good gas mileage that's why I bought the spark.

106,475

I would check to make sure you have good voltage at the battery or any loose connections... http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Spark/2013/engine/.... https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2015-spark-owners-manual.pdf

26,265

hard to fix something when it doesnt do it...so does it do that when its hot or cold or what?

When its cold my husband said it didn't start when he was leaving for work one morning and one evening coming home he jiggled with it and got it started but we need a dependable car and the dealership can't seem to figure it out because like I said it wont do it for them. My husband drives it 50+ miles a day to work and back it just started happening a couple of weeks ago.

20

Are u still having these problems mine does the same thing ! I can't figure it out either ?????? Super nervous about this car

10

no not anymore we took It to the dealer and it never happened again and didn't happen there have no idea of why that happened.

30

Hint:Try BOTH keys. If the 3 volt button battery goes dead in the key/door opener, it will NOT let you start the car.

My car does it all the time. Finally got the dealer to see it. They replaced the battery and now it's worse. Taking it back in today. I love this car, otherwise. And I don't always trust the dealerships.

25

Have you gotten the no-start issue solved? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the battery and this did not fix it. When you get yours fixed please let me know what they did to fix it. Mine is out of warranty.

Did any find the problem why Chevy spark won't crank?

25

2014 Spark with same problem. Got my computer out with a GM scan doggle and during a no crank instance I was not able to commuicate with the Spark computer (ECM). Had Chevrolet dealer change out ECM and told him to reprogram all other modules. That fixed the no start issue. Next day radio quit working. He did not reprogram all modules as I asked and had to reprogram the radio. It went into theft mode when did not match OEM ECM

10

i ended on this page when my spark did not start. The start motor wat turing but the engine did not start. Therefore I thought that it was a motor problem. However the red indicator light of starter breaker was also light during the start. so i read about the chip in the key that did not match. I thought my car was pretty cheap however my key also has a chip. There was a small magnet befor this chip. Trobling the chip in the key. I used this magnet to hang my key on the radiator at home.