My1989 RX7 will not start., without being jumped.

Asked by Dec 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM about the 1989 Mazda RX-7 Base Convertible

This is despite that I just intsalled a brand new battery (had it rechecked).  I checked the alternator, and it appears to be putting out 13-14. Wondering if htis could be a Voltage Reglator issue? If so is this an easy fix?

Dennis La Luz

no regulator sounds like the battery cables can be a little dirty clean the inside and out of the terminals and the battery post as well. wire brush and cleaner can be purchased any auto parts store of your choice.