Is there a fuse for the AC unit on Mazda RX7I just bought and was told it does not work. I see the light does not light up on the switch. I cant locate a fuse on the fuse box

Asked by Mar 11, 2013 at 04:33 AM about the 1989 Mazda RX-7 Base Convertible

click to enlarge

also

under hood

Thanks for the pics. I have th e 3rd one listed as under hood. I have one that looks identical under drivers side interior. No fuse states AC. I have read elsewhere maybe a fuse relay. Just thinking maybe it still works and a fuse or relay blew?

Good question. Every one I found was like that, I found no A/c fuse at all except for blower. Sorry I was no help Mark, it was difficult to find going back to '89, not much available. if you don't have an owners manual, Google your car and you will find a pdf download of it.

135,335

Take it in for A/C service. They will draw a vacuum removing all the gas and check for leaks. If there are no leaks, they refill with the correct type and amount of gas. -- Usually A/C's don't work because of leaks. The only electricity involved is the electric clutch on the compressor.

7,585

A/C is fused over the 10 amp fuse marked CIGAR. If that's still good, you're going to need to take a look at the A/C system pressure switch. Bridge it using a jumper wire, if the compressor clutch engages you have low system pressure and definitely need to service the system.

7,585

The idiot lights, clock, heater and power mirrors are on the same fuse by the way, so if they work you can skip checking the fuse and go straight for the system pressure or the A/C relay...