I have a 1987 mazda rx7 My car starts but It dies if I don't floor the gas pedal

Asked by Jul 14, 2014 at 08:07 AM about the 1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo

33,775

Sounds like it's all carboned up. Someone who is more more experienced can tell you how to clean it.

21,965

it's fuel injected, right? and it's not idling- start with a tune up and a compression check- if the compression is good, at least you dodged that rotary bullet- with good ignition, check the fuel delivery- then you can worry about the computer controlled stuff- the only RX7s I like are the early ones with carbs-