I bought a 1984 mazda rx7 gsl se from a friend for $600 and it wasn't running buy I got it running and I went to put gas in it but seemed like it lost power and then it died on me any suggestions?

Asked by Mar 09, 2015 at 11:07 PM about the 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL SE

in need of help I don't know much about
rotary motors

83,315

These little guys are known for fuel pump failures, especially if this one has been setting for any length of time, better change the fuel filter too, a real quick test is to spray a little starting fluid in the intake snorkel of the air filter while someone is cranking it over if it fires off then for sure you lost the pump. Remember rotaries are 2 stroke engines, they use crankcase oil mixed with the fuel to lube the internal rotor seals, no lube no seals= no engine oil is very important on a rotary. Good luck, these little guys are a blast to drive when you get then dialed in just right.

Best Answer

Thank you for your help that was very help. Whenever I get off work I'll go home and check it out. I will probably be asking more question about it as I'm trying to get it working

83,315

Yes by all means come on back with your questions, I don't know how many rotary guys are actually on this site, but I do know that we will try our best to help you out.