Mazda rx7,electric hood release,hood closed with no battery in car, hood hinge at front

5

Asked by Oct 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM about the 1984 Mazda RX-7 GS

The '84 RX7 has an electric only, to my knowledge, hood release.  There is no battery in the car and the hood is closed.  This hood is hinged in the front.  So far the two suggestions are jumper on the starter and input 12v in the cigarette lighter.  Has anyone ever done this.  Thank in advance for any help.  (Talk about stupid, who would think?)

20,390

Are you sure that there is not a manual release? There has to be. How else would you jump the car when it has a dead battery?

20,390

I just looked on eBay and google, it's a manual hood cable.

5

Thanks TransAm77, All the time I was trying to use the rear hatch opener which is electric. Frogging around at midnight ion a cold Wisconsin night with a flashlight gave me that and then looking way down underneath there was the beautiful manual hood release handle. Thanks for the jumpstart.

20,390

LOL I totally understand working on cars in the cold weather. If sucks! I live in Illinois and have a lot family in Wisconsin. I'm just not ready for winter yet. Its been a long time since I messed with an RX7, glad I could help.

Best Answer Mark helpful