What amount of fuel is suppose to be in the 1.1L rotary motor

Asked by Feb 20, 2016 at 07:58 PM about the 1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL

I bought a 83 rx7. It had a after market intake on it
with a edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor it the 700 cfm
im like u thats way to much, know I got a 600 cfm. I
think I should rebuild it to a 500 or a 450 cfm. What
should I do

It has a after market intake

78,435

That's what I ran on my hotrod rotary was a 700 CFM Holley carb, has the engine been needle ported or possibly the housing replaced with racing housings? If so don't expect it to do any idling cause it just won't I had mine cranked up to 1800 rpm, not a road machine.

Im not sure. What should I look for to tell it is. When the 700 was on it was like bla bla at a idle then put the 600 runs a lot better still getting a little much fuel. It probably doesn't so what should I do? The way it's set up. It does have a low gear on the deferential I got shift from 1st to 2nd quick 3rd is when it really comes on with it

78,435

If you can idle it that low then it most likely has not been modded, you may have to rejet the carb to get right, I did set my float level just slightly lower than the sight hole in the fuel bowl. Have you tried resetting the idle air rate yet? If the vacuum secondaries are set right, you should get what we call a 4 Grand blast, at 4 grand the secondaries open up and if it's geared low enough hang on. The engine will not idle smooth with this setup it will always have the blurp blurp idle this is cause the rear rotor is not shut down at idle like it is when stock, you may also notice a very noticeable surge or jerking as you go into full deceleration, also caused by the way it is setup.

How do I adjust the the float level. The idle screw you are talking about, its set all the way down. It runs smooth when I get on it, it still getting little much fuel. What jets should I put on it. Two barrels open up then once I go full throttle it has that peace to open the other two barrels open

78,435

Ok so you have manual secondaries instead of vacuum. You can go to you tube and type in How to set float level on a Holley carb. Then pick your carb type and watch.

Ok instead of changing the jets I can adjust the float it'll be alright

78,435

Don't know cause i'm not there to tell for sure, you may also have to adjust the air/fuel mixture screws also, they are located on each side of the mixing body.

I did that I think I got it about right if it was getting right amount of fuel and a pvc valve to it it'll be better and I can adjust work with it get the fuel mixture right if I can figure it out get it right