My 1990 Dodge Spirit 2.5 won't start it doesn't do anything.Battery is good. Starter is good . Starter Relay is good .. Cables too and from battery to starter are good. Can't figure out why it won't start or even make a noise or something

Asked by May 21, 2013 at 06:57 PM about the 1990 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr ES Sedan

Is the connection to the chassis and motor free of corrosion? Unscrew the bolt that hold the end of the 1/0 battery cable to the chassis, wirebrush it and put it back together~

Yes the connections are all good

test power to the coil---power off the ignition switch~ ... bad switch or connections~?

may have an "ignition relay" or "ignitor", I'd dig into your schematic, but you've got a copy in you service manual...I'd have to go trollin' for it~

Good mornin' there Judge....I'm sure you will find it, you are superior in that sort of thing

Not so much DavidH25, as other years I've been able to find, but not the 1990 Spirit w/2.5....they want MONEY...loads of money to have a looksee~ will keep digging but is quickly turning into an information extravaganza~ we can use our common sense here...power from the key, to the the the ignition~

...was that a "pass off" in progress...though flattery~ I ought to be ashamed...but I am not~ we can figure it out schematic or not...all you have to do is look at the level of technology in 1990, think about how you would have done it (in 1990) to get the correct answer~

Just had to tell someone this Indian fellow and his machine (diesel engine) explaining things has me in stitches~