tachometer

Asked by Jul 02, 2007 at 12:54 AM about the 1990 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr ES Sedan

Tachometer erratic & miles counter does not work. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with my 92 Spirit. I replaced the speed sensor and it fixed the problem. Its on the drive shaft area and is a very easy fix.

EARLY DODGE CARS HAVE A TACH MODULE ON THE CLUSTER WHICH MAY BE AVAIL THROUGH YOUR DEALER OR SALVAGE. THE SPEEDO HEAD IS THE PROBLEM FOR YOUR ODOMETER BUT SALVAGE MAY NOT HELP CAUSE THEY ARE ALL BROKE BY THE TIME THEY GET THERE. STILL IF YOU CAN FIND A CLUSTER AT A LOCAL SALVAGE YARD IT STILL MAY BE A CHEAPER OPTION CAUSE CLUSTER PARTS ON OLDER DODGE CARS ARE MOSTLY DISCONTINUED.