turn key no power

Asked by Feb 13, 2014 at 06:44 PM about the 1990 Dodge Ramcharger 2 Dr 150 LE SUV

Hey I replaced the transmission 2 days ago , took it out for a couple test drives performed
flawlessly . I took it out today and drove it around for about 20 mins and pulling up to my
drive way it stalled out . turn the key to the on position and nothing . the interior lights ,
horn , headlights , tail lights all work but the radio and any sign of ignition . I replaced the
battery because it was old and I replaced the starter relay and still turn the key and
nothing no dash lights or any sign of life . I would greatly appreciate any help I can get
thanks

105,785

Did you check the negative cable to the frame and motor? If it's loose this can happen. Also just for giggles I would double check the battery connectors. If they are old they might not be staying tight as you need them too.

Ok I checked both and nothing happened . plus I replaced the terminals .

105,785

I would also check for any blown fuses. Have you tried to jump start it? If it starts with a jump start this will confirm a battery/connection issue. When jump starting make sure the negative jumper cable is hooked to the motor. ( this is to by pass your frame and motor grounds and only use the jump vehicles ground)