Won't start

10

Asked by Jun 29, 2016 at 02:22 PM about the 1930 Ford Model A Coupe

Hi I ha e a 1930 model a coupe that has brand new
battery and spark plugs fresh gas it cranks really
God but won't turn over last time the car was
started was prolly around 6 years ago and tips or
stuff to do to get it started I'm stuck thank u

26,605

Gas on? (they have a shutoff valve that needs to be open). Do you have good fuel pressure at the carb? I've heard the float valve may get stuck shut on occasion too, to unstick you'll have to drain a little fuel from the carb and lightly tap it. How about good spark at the points?

10

The gas is on its have good pressure up to the carb it was stuck but I got it unstuck and how do you check it for good spark?

26,605

One way is to take the coil wire off the cap and hold it a short distance from the block or a head nut and crank the engine. You should get a spark.

10

I have spark but still won't start just crank

10

Is there a certain way to start since it hasn't been started in so long or no?

26,605

Youtube has several videos on starting Model As. For more specifics I'd suggest a good Model A forum; http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/165305.html?1286914130 (granted this is for Model Ts but I really like this forum, lots of knowledge there)

I have new plugs and battery but no juice ,not cranking . started once by popping cutch its a 31 model a oysterblu@aol.com