Fuel pump and gauge not working

205

Asked by Mar 03, 2014 at 10:12 PM about the 1991 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Turbo AWD Hatchback

I need help my 91 stealth rt tt the fuel
pump and gauge dont want to work
even though the gas tank is full and
the low gas light doesnt want to work.

10

check the fpdm (fuel pimp driver module)

205

Do i just buy a new one or you think its the sending unit

10

well its costly to replace but google where urs is located and check it for corrosion on my f150 its under the body on the rear side of the truck under where the spare sits

205

It has a lot of rust and its in the trunk under the spare tire

625

I know this may seem obvious but check the under hood relay fuse box and the under dash fuse box first. If you have an ohm meter (and know how to use it) check for power coming from the harness to the pump/ sending unit then check them with the meter for operation of the units. no need to pull and replace parts if the part itself isn't broken. you may have a bad computer or the computer has shut the unit off because the wiring is broken or is even shorting out somewhere. A more unorthodox method would be to touch a power wire to the pump positive terminal and listen to see if the pump runs. You can do the same with the gas gauge, but tap it on and watch the needle for a blip. If you hold it on too long you will burn out your gauge.

205

Im getting power on the wires that go to the pump but still doesnt come on. This car was sitting for 10 years in a garage

30

I am having the issue with the gauge but the pump is working as the engine starts and runs. I am just getting into tinkering with the 92 Stealth R/T non-turbo so I don't mean to troll but let me know what you come with on here. I'll be checking the fuse/relay boxes. Hopefully your stealth is not as bad off as mine!