I have 91 dodge stealth es the coil packs keep jumpin fire have bought new ones but it is still jumping fire Wat might cause it

20

Asked by May 06, 2013 at 01:20 PM about the 1991 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr ES Hatchback

Coil packs keep jumpin fire  have
bought new ones and changed them
out one at a time

109,115

Explain what "jumping fire" means. Sounds like the spark is not making it to the business end of the spark plug. Where are you seeing the arc?

20

Looks like its coming off the coil pak itself runnin up to the metal around the coil pack that u stick the screws threw to mount them

20

It looks to me like a bad coil but iv bought new ones and changed them one by one is there any way that the arc from one of the bad coils burnt a whole in the new one and caused it to start to arc off

6,585

if you don't see any damage im sure its fine,, are you sure that their all grounded correctly? are the plug wires all in good shape? also what made you change them to begin with?

20

I can see them arc at night have checked wires there good got dead miss in it iv checked ground

20

Should I put some kind dielectric grease between the coil paks and mounting bracket to ensure proper grounding

20

It also studders wen taken off i assume its cause of da miss but smothers out at higher rpm

10

Hi I am having the same problem with my 92 stealth. What did you figure out. Thanks Vickie.

35

I'm haying the same problem HELP

6,585

what is happening exactly BillyH46? you can see the arc or what exactly?

this car is a piece of shit, and this is going to happen in time to every single one of them. stay away from this pile of junk!

look how many people have this same problem. after 100k miles, STAY AWAY!!!!