Why is there oil in my intake?

Asked by Nov 24, 2013 at 07:40 PM about the 1984 Volkswagen Scirocco Base

I just started up a car that has been sitting for a while. Nothing but white smoke coming out the back which I thought was just bad fuel. Went to look at the engine and oil was seeping out of my air intake box. I took out the air filter and it was completely soaked. What could this be? PCV valve? If so how can I replace it? it is part of the valve cover and cannot be removed. Is there anything else it could be if it isn't that?

209,895

Yes, it's your PCV valve and associated hoses that might be clogged up. I'm not sure of the location, maybe someone else can chime in.