Where is the rear wiper blade switch inside the van?

Asked by Nov 14, 2012 at 08:11 AM about the 1989 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Passenger Van

We just bought this 89 Vanagon...but, I can't find the wiper blade switch for the rear wiper...

So...you know how you pull the wiper stalk toward you to activate the sprayers and get a few swipes of the wiper blades? Try pushing the stalk away from you...I believe it operated the back wiper. I believe will keep operating intermittantly until you push it a second time. Check out Vanagon.com for great tips and tricks to keep your Vanagon in shape.

Best Answer Mark helpful

DUDE! You're awesome!

I had an 86 Vanagon...drove it from Oklahoma to Florida to Georgia then Alaska. Probably not a system on it I didn't fix, rebuild or replace. Vanagon.com was there to help with information and support everytime. Just remember, a Vanagon is not a Honda...it requires regular maintenance EVERY year. Invest in a Bentley manual and a good set of tools. And don't be afraid to get your hands dirty...I really miss my Vanagon...it had so much character and capability that you just don't see in today's car market. Good luck.