what tires should I put on my 1987 westfalia?

Asked by Jul 01, 2014 at 07:06 PM about the 1987 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

I need to know what is the best tire to put on my 1987 westfalia.

261,275

Stop in your local tire dealer/shop. With that year vehicle and size, I think your choices are limited. Go with the best tire you can afford.

261,275

185-14 Load Range C

4,845

The problem is that it's getting harder to find 14" tires in load rate C. Many folks in the forums (Vanagon.com, WetWesties, etc) are changing their wheels to 15" or 16" to enable a wider selection and availability of C rated rubber. Might be worth a looksee.

195

I just got the 185 / 14" at afordable tire store in Palmdale ca. They have a strong side wall and that is what you need ,don't go with 15 or 16 in. Tire's your van is biltong for 14" tires and the 185's is what you want ......with all the small car's now they are not that hard to find. Don't go with some chep tire I think I paid about 350.00 dollars for 5 tires ,yes I even got a new spear tire ....Jamie