battery hook up

Asked by Mar 06, 2013 at 03:45 PM about the 1987 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

There is a long red cable that come out from under the passenger seat does that connect to the negative or positive part of the battery

89,735

Usually a red cable is positive but first lets find out what the cable is for and why is it under the passenger seat. Do you know where the other end is? Is this a "VW battery under the seat" thing?

Best Answer

It is the battery which is right behind the passenger seat, and you have to turn the seat all the way around to get to it. The red cable comes from under the passenger seat, and I don't know what it's connected to, because I would have to take the seat out to find out. This is a VW vanagan camper.

89,735

It looks like someone added those wires. I didn't know that it was a camper in your other question. The wires could be feeding a heater. Chase them down before hooking them up.