Where are the fuel filters located?

Ron Tevere

Asked by Jan 01, 2014 at 11:49 PM about the 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

Where are the fuel filters located on the 1984 1.9 ltr Vanagon.  One is square plastic, the
other is larger and metal.

Scott Sr.

Get under your Vanagon, Ron. The fuel tank is located between the front seats, under the floor. The fuel line should be readily visible coming from the tank to the plastic filter, then the metal filter and finally the fuel pump. The plastic filter "protects" the metal one which in turn, protects the pump. They should be easily accessible and replaced according to the prescribed maintenance interval.