Where is the fuel pump in a 1983 VW Vanagon?

Asked by Jun 20, 2014 at 11:49 AM about the 1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

Is it an external pump? Is it located under the van about midway between the engine and the front of the vehicle?.

Scott Sr.

It is external...it is under the van. If you own a Vanagon, you better get used to being under it and get familiar with it's systems. If you don't have a Bentley manual, get one. It's a major lifesaver if you plan to maintain your Vanagon yourself. Do a few YouTube searches on Vanagon Fuel Pump replacement and you'll get some great tips. Vanagons are great vehicles but you have to take care of them.

It's an inline pump. Run ya around 130 bucks