What tire size should I be using and where can you get them?

Asked by Dec 22, 2012 at 09:33 PM about the 1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

261,825

185-14 Load Range C Not sure you can mount 185 60 R14's but this size exists. I suggest you see a local tire supplier and talk to them on what you can you order and or fit. Also try www. tirerack.com

102,315

Cokertire.com carries vintage sized tires.

4,855

I cannot emphasize how important it is to get the load range C... the Vanagon is heavy...and top heavy at that. If you don't get a tire with a lot of side reinforcement, the tire will fail prematurely and dramatically. Check out the article on Vanagon.com There are lots a great tidbits of information there.