Can a 1982 AMC Eagle possibly be worth $18,000?

Asked by Sep 16, 2016 at 03:52 AM about the 1982 AMC Eagle Coupe 4WD

105,295

Not really. Some people might consider these a classic but they really weren't even a real AMC just a Renault rebadged. Too bad the real AMC brand died out, I really liked thier cars in the late sixties and early 70's.

263,795

More like $1800, probably a typo.

585

No, the Eagle wasn't a Renault design; it has roots in the Hornet platform, which predated the tie-up with Renault by a decade. As real an AMC as any Javelin or AMX!

105,295

I'm sorry for some reason I got Eagle and Talon mixed up, the eagle was one of those 4WD wagons with the horribly emissioned 6 cylinder engine. I now remember working on one back in 87, it threw a rod so I got t fixed with a new crankshaft kit and the fellow had it running for another week and he blew the transfer case when he got it stuck, then he enough is enough and scraped it out for parts.

585

I'll just continue to be pedantic: the Talon was a Mitsubishi. What you say about the Eagle seems to be consistent with everything I've heard about them. It's too bad, as I think they were awkward enough to be somehow endearing. Also, they were probably still more reliable than the rebadged Renaults.