where are the input and output sensors for the transmission located?

Asked by Mar 09, 2007 at 03:32 AM about the 1991 Dodge Dynasty 4 Dr LE Sedan

At times, my car will not get out of second gear but after turning off the car and wait for about ten minutes or so, it will be fine. It will work great for a while sometimes up to five days before problem happens again. This has been going on for about a year.
   This also happens sometimes when it is shifting down. It will shift down hard and will not get out of second gear. After stopping the car and turning it off for a little while, it will work perfectly again.
  Thanks for your time,

31,315

You've got a tranny problem there. I would have it looked at by a mechanic. You may be damaging other components of your vehicle by not having the problem checked out. It's not going to fix itself. It can only get worse.

75

You have a total of 3 Sensors that help with shifting of your transmission. 2 of them are called speed sensors or "Turbine" sensors. They are input and output sensors. The other is also a speed sensor. It has gear in which you will have to take off to put on the new part. It controls the speedometer and the shifting of the transmission like the other 2 do. This one is located on the back side of the transmission. It is easy to get to if the vehicle is on car ramps. All together the parts will run under 100.00 bucks and you do not have to take it to a place and pay for a diagnoses.