2003 mustang gt engine dies coming off freeway

Asked by Aug 16, 2015 at 01:32 AM about the 2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Randomly when I am coming off the freeway and coming to a stop my engine will die.  It starts right back up.  Power steering goes and then engine dies all within a second.  I replaced IAC, cleaned throttle body, replaced air filter, added fuel injector cleaner.  From googling I read something about a PIP sensor and a stator?  No clue where these are located.  Or the ignition coils and spark plugs need to replaced because one of them is misfiring.  Any direction on what I should try first would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Also previous owner put on an aftermarket cool air intake, could this be related?

246,305

Cold air intake would not be an issue, only if the filter you are using is an oiled one like a K&N. Sometimes the excess oil gets onto the MAF elements and causing drivability issues. If you have a misfire, I would take care of that first, most probably the main issue here. I'd replace all the spark plugs and replace the one coil that is bad. What code/codes are you getting?

19,130

The symptoms you are describing sounds like the Toque Converter Clutch Solinoid is bad that is if your vehicle is an automatic.

It is automatic, I have not checked codes, heading to autozone today. To describe the issue further: As to not stall last night coming off the freeway I slowed down quite a bit and then coasted down the exit ramp and never stopped as I turned onto a city street (35). I let off the gas and the car basically coasted by itself uphill at a 40 and held 40 as if it were in cruise control. RPMS were above 2000 and it just coasted at the same speed until I braked to turn onto my street? Thank you very much for the quick replies, I appreciate it.

FYI: There is only 40K miles on it.