1991 dodge dakota 318 auto

Asked by Aug 16, 2015 at 02:37 PM about the 1991 Dodge Dakota 2 Dr SE 4WD Standard Cab SB

Garage over filled the transmission with fluid young guy checked in park over filled with
at least 3 quarts. Does it have a pressure valve or vent looks like it is leaking from top
Of trans. Had it changed filter and all but still leaking anything you can tell me would
help.Not leaking from tail shaft seal at drive shaft looks like it isleaking and dripping off
top of trans.Truck had no trans leak before this happened.Trans changes gears and
works fine.

Rob

19,160

You can try Lucas Transmission Stop Leak can not give you a %100 guarantee but it worked for me on a small leak I had. Its been six months now and no problems or leak.

305

It's probably leaking where the fluid dip stick goes into the transmission. I would take it back to the shop where you had the trans worked on and have them drain it and refill it to the proper level. If it continues to leak, I'd check with the shop about their repair policy and tell them to fix it.

Best Answer

Thank you it happened over a year my car was at work about 40 miles away in the shop.I drove my truck for a few days while they repaired th car.I took the truck by a jiffy lube where our company gets there vehicles serviced.A person at work took me to pick up my company car.I left my truck parked at the end of parking lot for a couple weeks until my wife could ride in.A worker walked out after she left and told me there was about a quart of trans fluid left under my truck.I called my wife to let her know to leave truck parked until I got home.checked when I got home it was still about 8" above full on stick.I messed up because of all the time that had went by.I did take it to a mechanic and had filter and all changed no help. I think you have the best solution it is probably leaking around oring at dip stick.I will check that out thank you so much for advice. Rob

305

I hope everything works out for you. This should not be happening and the Jiffy Lube should take care of the problem especially if you have the receipt for the work that was done. Good Luck!