how much would this car be worth?

15

Asked by May 23, 2013 at 02:25 PM about the 1988 Audi 5000 S

1988 audi 5000 s, 53000 miles, completly new ignition system

25,645

check www.edmunds.com to get the value of the car.

If you still have it...I might be interested in buying

15

Edmunds didn't have a price for it, neither did kbb. and I just bought the car for myself, that's why I wanted to know how much it would cost. sorry

25,645

How much did you PAY for it? Hopefully, not too much more than $800-$1,000 (I found one source that said it might be worth about $800). The 80's were a troublesome time for Audi and the 5000 series had some reliability issues. Also, if I'm not mistaken it was also on Consumer Reports "Cars to Avoid" List. Hopefully, yours serves you well.....but this is NOT a car that I recommend keeping TOO long,,,

15

i got it for 1000. it had a few problems with it. the vavle cover gasket was leaking, and it quit after i put the new one in. and it needs a new slave cylinder, and the clutch is going out slowly.. and thanks for the advice!

15

I owned SEVERAL mid-80s 5000's Engines good for 300,000 miles +/- Weak points; 1) Seal between Transmission and Differential can fail causing mixing of fluids and transmission DEATH...GET IT CHANGED QUICK... 2) Sunroof guide rails/drains keep em cleaned and lubed 3) Window regulator assemblies. 4) A/C Control panel (in dash) It is a STANDARD Cadillac unit from the same era. 5) Body grounds (under hood) make sure they are clean and intact...loose dirty ground connections will cause electrical gremlins throughout!

10

I currently drive an 88 5000s. I live in Colorado and work on the road (in addition to road tripping weekly). Car is a solid beast up hill and in the snow/rain. Only problem I have had in the last two years was a leaky oil pan (sealed it with Stop Leak), stuck sun roof (fixed with WD-40 on the guide rails) and dirty body grounds were draining my battery (cleaned and reattached=fix).