getting my car to run asap

Asked by Oct 01, 2013 at 06:05 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe RWD

my dad took my car away from me, he said he would give it back if i could fix it, he did
something to it to where it will not run, the carb is getting gas but its not igniting, he told
me it had nothing to do with the spark plugs i have no clue whats going on, ive checked
allot of things

Sounds like your Dad is trying to teach you some car repairs, so as it seems that the engine turns over just fine and you have fuel the only thing I will say is go to the library and get a manual on your vehicle. and study it carefully, read and learn.

ignition power to distributor?

Coil? Check and see if there is spark to the plugs. If not, the distributor may be what you need to check. Make sure the wires are all attached correctly and are the plug wires in the correct order. Distributor timing should also be checked. If there is spark to the distributor and gas in the carb., is there a restriction under the carb preventing air and or gas from getting to the heads?

Look at the base of your distr. you should have wiring harness coming from under the cap on passenger side. Make sure its plugged in. Also on the drivers side of distr you have several single wires plugging into it. He might have unplugged one of them. That's how I shut down my 85 when daughter was driving it and I rigged it so she could not. Also check all your fuses and fuseable links.