Cam shaft

Asked by Oct 16, 2015 at 08:43 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

Hey guys I need a lil help from u guys .. I have a 1988 chevy caprice I resently
took my 305 out and put in a 1994 Chevy  cheyene 350 small block and I
upgraded my intake M.(edelbrock) also upgraded to a carburetor .( 4 barrel
edelbrock) I have headman headers and to straight pips with two 40 Siris
edelbrock exhaus muffler. I want to put in a cam shaft? for more horsepower I
want to be able to enjoy all the goodies  I put in.what do u guys recommend
I'm kinda on a short budget .

If your going to use the automatic transmission you kinda stuck with stock camshaft, you might get by with a stage 1 cam but not much more. If you were to change the torque converter with a different stall then you could go to a stage 2 and it still be streetable. HTH

You can't use a high lift camshaft because your 350 doesn't have high compression notched Pistons. The high lift valve openings would hit the Pistons. I suggest a torque cam with 10-20 degrees more duration over stock to launch that big boat Caprice. I had a Crane duel profile RV cam on a Chevy small block with good success. Different degrees of duration on the intake & exhaust cam lobes. It works very well. Your option to NOT change out your Pistons!

I'm proud to hear what you did to your baby I have a question where are you having problems with the 305 carburetor because I'm having some issues with the one I have now it runs but it tends to stall on me check engine light is on every now and then