Car crank but dont start, it was running 5 mins back.

Asked by Dec 29, 2016 at 10:58 PM about the 2013 Toyota Camry SE

I parked the car in Orelly, went in to get the new spark plugs, then unscrewed
the first spark plug and removed the coil, then realized to place the car under
light area, so placed the coil back and screwed it back (didn't removed the
spark plug yet), then tried starting the car. It cranks but wont start up. Holy
Cow I just came all the way from home and not even got spark plugs out.

Adding it to it, Check Engine light is on, and when orelly guy check that, it gave error as missfire in Cylinder 1, cylinder 2, cylinder 3, cylinder 4. I have that check engine going on and off with Traction control light after i changed the Alternator Belt.

Troubleshooting performed: Check the Battery, tried doing the jump start. Then Removed all the Spark plugs checked them with Spark Guage all looks good. I'm guessing it is Starter or Alternator. Please guys help me out.

7,685

Before u start throwing parts at it, start by troubleshooting the fuel. Spray some quick start in the throttle body tobsee if it starts. The starter and alternator have nothing to do with this issue if it's cranking. The alternator charges the battery so it can feed starter among other things so if it cranking, the alternator, battery and starter are good.

But it was find 5 mins back, how suddenly will throttle body get effected, I didn't even touch there, I tried messing up with Spark Plugs, Do you think Putting Start Fluid will really help.

And Before today, I have noticed my car making some grinding sounds, and when I started from Home, it was struggling to start.When It started I gave Accelerator and then it was normal (I mean breathing normally) before that it looks like it got some problem with breathing.

54,585

How many miles on this Toyota?

2,350

It would appear that this vehicle has had running problems before your trip to the parts store. Suguest you check for a vacuum leak by following the vacation. Diagram label located under the hood. It would be helpful to know the codes number ID for further help.

2,350

Oops......that would be vacuum dIngram under hood...

2,350

@#/T&IT this new computer TABLET stinks. Old people....you have to watch them like a hawk.

54,585

ROFLMAO!! Yes, you have to keep an eye on us old people!

Changing the Spark plugs, and the car starts now. Giving me a new problem I have to pump the accelerator while cranking and then only it will start, Can anyone tell me what is the problem now. To me it looks like Blown Head Gasket. Please help

1,380

You might have a bad Fuel Pump. Follow Irod suggestion above. Next time the vehicle will not start do not touch the gas pedal. Have someone attempt a restart while you very carefully use a little starting fluid at the air intake. All we are trying to do is to see if the problem is a lack of Fuel. If she tries to start with a little squirt...then dies.....you most likely have a bad FP. Get back to us with results.

Can you guide me where is Air Intake located, I'm new to automotive world.

1,380

Remove Engine Air Filter. That is where air goes into the Engine. A quick squirt or two should be enough to briefly start the Engine. Careful now .......do not spray to much into air intake....Boom!

It did not worked, I towed the car to a dealership, He did the diagnosis and told me that there is crack in Engine, antifreeze is being leaked and it is found in all the spark plugs. He said I need to replace the entire engine.

1,380

Holy s___. A "crack in Engine"??? How did that happen? A crack in the Engine usually is a result of a Engine OVERHEAT. Do you remember an overheat occurring in the past?

History: When I buy the car it was Rebuild title, then after 2 months I had a collision in which I replaced the Hood, Bumper, Radiator, driver side fender, Ac compressor. Then 2 weeks back here the temp went 26 and the Antifreeze got frozen, and Alternator belt got broken and replaced it and I tried driving with same frozen Antifreeze Car got overheated and break down.

1,380

OK...the History on this vehicle explains everything. Very interesting. Thanks for the update.