when replacing the water pump on an 88 town car forgot which bolts went where? please help

Asked by Feb 07, 2016 at 01:02 PM about the 1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature

was replacing water pump when snow hit and couldn't finish, now I forgot
which bolts went where ..three sizes to block...also if you can give me a
diagram of how the pooley system and serpentine belt goes i would greatly
appreciate it.

4,915

well proper bolt engagement will be 2x the diameter of the bolt...so if you've got that amount of engagement, you will be okay~ you could measure the clearance with a chop stick or such and determine which will fit~

330

I just found this picture for water pump, hope it helps.

4,915

figure out what bolts to 5A~

330

The picture was for 3.8L I believe. I don't know litre size of engine? Hi Bob, didn't mean to butt in?

4,915

you know I'm only here to kill time...they don't pay much around here (in fact they let your starve)...was a Mechanic 1994-1996 on Sundays...had to be 'expert on all makes and models' that's how I end up here...have met face-to-face with some challenging repairs~..oily, seems like you two feel the need to HELP people with your advise~...yep glad to have met ya~ in case you've seen this mug before, was guru number ONE for a time, but Lisa decided that I was a much better artist then advisor of automotive problems~ look for judge_roy to see my ex-bio~

330

That's a nice picture. Yeah, I'm just an old retired person, I try to answer questions on automotive forums just to kill the time of day. I used to consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none. I'm not sure what I am now, except, too old. Have a good day.

4,915

oilyspill, well you must be doing something right, as you've accumulated 220 points...I did this for a year and got to TOP guru two years ago...definitely went to the web to gather the answers...trouble is the web ain't always right...drummed out by LISA who says I'm a better artist than guru, so am looking to paint 1000 paintings...got MS and have all the time in the world like you...draw somethin' oily...then throw some paint on that~ you too could be making visually appealing things for people to enjoy~ you will find me on facebook look for JAY QURESHI you will see all what I have (that I care to share~) nice meetin' you...keep your chin up...I'll be expecting a full report on my desk in the morning~