Did the 1988 Lincoln Towncar come with a remote/key fob to lock and unlock it?

Asked by Wrglr1 Mar 30, 2015 at 12:14 PM about the 1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Just recently purchased 1988 Lincoln Towncar Signature.  49000 original miles, but there is an aftermarket alarm system key fob supplied, but that alarm has not worked for years they tell me.  Did that model come with a factory key fob to lock and unlock the doors/trunk?  If so what is process of programing the fobs once I purchase them?

1,215

Lincoln didn't offer remote keyless entry until '90 or '91. A 1988 Signature Town Car should have the keypad entry on the outside of the driver's door, and in my opinion that's even better than the fob. The 5-digit code is on a card that should be included with the owner's manual, but if that's missing you'll find it on a sticker that's attached to one of the trunk hinge arms, usually on the passenger side. The owner's manual will explain how it works, and once you master it you'll realize it's impossible to lose (unlike a fob), and you'll never accidentally lock your keys in the car!

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you Jclark6218, yes it has the key pad on the door I have the code for that, just wanted to get the fob it was available. I love the fact that you can lock the car with it running (have a furry baby that loves to go with me everywhere).

20

I have a 1988 Towncar and it has an alarm system that I accidentally turned on the ignition kill switch. I don't have the code. I got the car last night and now can't start it

I have the same situation what did you do ?

The alarm light is flashing and car will not start. HOPE you can help me. THANK you. Theresa.