I have a 1989 Lincoln Town Car, that has some torn leather seats and looks pretty rough. It runs well and drive like a dream. It has 150,000 miles on it. What would it b worth to sell it or should I

Jan Conway

Asked by Jan 31, 2015 at 09:27 PM about the 1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Car runs well  rides likwe a dream. Looks rough in side. Sell or junk it?

Yards have parts for the inside, try pik-n-pull or u-pull-it yards and go look once a week till the ones you can use are there ? Some e-bay yards offer vehicle pics and ship parts.

Bob Beaman

Jan, unfortunately that car in its current condition isn't worth much. Maybe buy a newer one?

Personally I'd try and sell it. Some young person might want your "classic car" to fix up and enjoy. Young people love fixing things. My '66 Cadillac was like your Lincoln when I got ready to sell it. Still ran and drove great but didn't look so good. I parked it in my driveway with a for sale sign and a low (but firm) price tag in the window. About a month later a young man stopped by and we took it for a test drive. He bought it and couldn't wait to get it home so he and his buddy could get to work on it. He even called me to let me know he got the car home safely and that it performed perfectly the whole way up the turnpike. He was thrilled with the car and it made me feel good about selling it to him. HTH. -Jim

I knew those when they were brand new, all the way up till 10 years old, You can count their problems and not run out of fingers on one hand. They are three times the value for the money. Repaint the panels that have oxidation and get some seat covers from a good donor or order them to match. Decent mileage, comfortable ride (unless you are very tall) and simple repairs and maintenance. Ready for a refit.

You probably need a $60 "autotrim" repair to the drivers door trim panel. ask your dealer service who they use in your area. ask your service manager for the favor. They can save $900 panels in an hour or two on site.