Does anyone know where the E.C.U (Electronic Control Unit) is on a 1991 Dodge Colt GL. This car has a manual transmission. This part may also be refered to as the vehicles computer or the cars brain.

295

Asked by Nov 06, 2012 at 04:42 PM about the 1991 Dodge Colt 2 Dr GL Hatchback

I have two of these cars. The one is a 1991 manual transmission. The other one that I have is a 1992 automatic transmission. Well the 1992 vehicle with an automatic transmission is the one that im trying to figure out the problem on. This vehicle will not stay running until it has reached a certain tempature. A good friend of mine had told me that the computer in the car could be going bad. So I tried to take the computer out of the 1992 car and swap it with the one that I thought the 1991 car had. It turns out that I can not find that computer in that 1991 car that has the manual transmission. So therefore I could not swap the computers out after all. So I dont know if the 1992 car has a bad computer or not. If anyone knows anything about where I could find the other computer at. Please respond and let me know. Maybe The 1991 car was never equipped with a computer.

50

Remove the panel on the passenger side in front of the door. ECM is located there. Record the number. Replacement can be found on Ebay. Prone to failure due to capacitors.

50

Indoor panel I might add.

50

1991 manual is not compatible with the automatic ECM. There are 2 ecm's in an automatic. I have a manual ecm that I can sell if you need it. Symptoms of a bad ecm is car turns over but will not start.t.