Can any one tell me where my OBD connector is on my 89 Lincoln Mark VII?

55

Asked by Jun 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM about the 1989 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass

I looked all over and I cant find it on the internet or in the shop manual. please help.

I couldn't find it either, but at: http://www.gobookee.net/lincoln-mark-viii-repair-manual/ it's a pdf download

98,365

Under the hood, drivers side by the washer tank, the vehicle is OBD 1 so there will be 2 connectors 1 a large connector could be red black or gray depending on what color they had that day and a small 1 wire connector that is usually gray but have seen a few that were black. Hope this helps.

25,305

tennisshoes is absolutely correct. They system is known as EECIV - (eek 4) by Ford. Electronic Engine Control - 4th Generation. A good manual will tell you how to retrieve codes with a volt meter and what the codes mean. It doesn't look like an OBD2 connector but is about the same size.