What rear spoiler was stock on the 1992 dodge stealth r/t turbo? My son is lookin at one to buy and it has TWO on it! Short one AND tall one. They are trying to tell him both r stock/special additi

20

Asked by May 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM about the 1992 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Turbo AWD Hatchback

I think they r full of crap

9,685

It came with short one only.

9,685

And to add there was no speacial addttion of this car

16,665

two tier spoilers were cool in the late 60's, what was old becomes new again. On a street car they're just for looks anyway.

20

Thank you all. Very helpful. Any idea what one is worth? Almost 100,000 miles. Pretty good shape. Few dings. Little haul damage. Regular wear and tear. And do I really want my 17 year old to buy? Urgh

20

That would b hail damage

9,685

Well ,yes its a cool car for his age and no he don t need it, it has a lot of power for a teenager ,and insurance on it ooohhhh. Should value at around 3000.

9,685

if you do buy it,dont put him on that cars insurance,put him/her on something else in your flleet,they will still be covered under your polocy,just want cost you as much: )

16,665

Parents,17 year old boys & cars! 1/ insurance may be pricey, we call it occasional driver but only applies if there are more drivers than cars.,,,2/ muscle cars/fun cars and 17 year old boys. My opinion Nice Taurus Wagon good for a newbie..... (however;at 16 I bought a 1200cc Norton Commando - freaked out my Mom;made my Dad give me a safety lecture;didn't kill me [came pretty close though-more than once] & I was what might be called a level headed kid.)

9,685

After talking to my dodge buddy,There was a speacial edtion of this car but it was only made in 1995 and it was convertable. and no stealths came with double spoiler.

6,125

top shade there was NO factory special edition of this car or convertible either, and brian the RT TT is way too much power for a kid not to mention its a very high maintenance car, if they put a double spoiler on it I can only imagine how many other things they have done to this car,, I would stay,, no run away from it if I were you this is the only way the 1st gen stealth RT TTs looked along with the RTs the base had tail lights like the 3000gt though so that would be the only difference in looks,, there was a Straman convertible but that wasn't factory it was an aftermarket company that bought a bunch and turned them into convertibles

6,125

Brian the RT TT is way too much power for a kid not to mention its a very high maintenance car, if they put a double spoiler on it I can only imagine how many other things they have done to this car,, I would stay,, no run away from it if I were you this is the only way the 1st gen stealth RT TTs looked along with the RTs the base had tail lights like the 3000gt though so that would be the only difference in looks,, there was a Straman convertible but that wasn't factory it was an aftermarket company that bought a bunch and turned them into convertibles

6,125

herers a pic of the staman stealth,,, and they were made from the 91 and 92 stealths not the 95 or any other years other than 91 and 92 " Most articles on these cars state that there were 12 Stealth conversions done in both 1991 and 1992, and all the known photos of documented Straman Stealth conversions have been of the Stealth R/T Turbo model. However, a white 1991 R/T, non-turbo, with the rare automatic has now been found. Mr. Straman himself, however, recalls doing approximately 75 Stealth and 3000GT models in total. Capistrano Dodge offered the convertible as a 'dealer' option; they ordered the vehicle then shipped it to Richard Straman's Cosa Mesa, California shop for the conversion. Some were evidently done by private contract, as the white R/T may have been."

16,665

To Daniel & Top ShadeTree - I would kind of say you are both right because if a buddy of TopShadeTree knew there was one special edition convertable in 1995 it's because he saw one or a picture of one. The 1995 was a Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder shipped to North America as a coupe and converted at ASC in California for sale as the now 1995 Dodge Stealth Hardtop Convertable.

9,685

You are correct chassy,

16,665

I came back to see if anybody else jumped in and I reread the conversation for fun. ONE FUN THING I NOTICED was (it's me age) I owned a 750 Commando (not 1200) ; the 1200 was my 1950 Hog with suicide shift( it came a year after the Norton.) The Hog really scared my Mom & got me in traffic court one time too many. [I actually traded my Snort'in Norton for the Hog]